Defect DiagnosisWe routinely deal with diagnosing building defects; if you have a building defect which is causing you difficulty, please let us know and we would be pleased to assist you.
This is usually a straightforward and quick process.
From time to time the cause of the issue is not obvious and it can then be a slower process, even occasionally requiring the structure to be opened up to identify what is happening.
If the matter relates to errors by a building contractor, and it is necessary to pursue the contractor via the Courts, we are able to subsequently provide Expert Witness reports to support a claim.
Building DisputesNo one usually wants a dispute on a building contract, either large or small, but unfortunately they do happen.
Typical causes are;
* Poor drawings and specifications leading to ambiguity and extras
* Unforeseen problems and lack of adequate contingency
* Failure of specialist suppliers
* Deliberate under pricing by the contractor and subsequent seeking to make up by claiming extras
* Poor performance by the building contractor, typically due to poor or defective workmanship
* Over payment of a contractor and subsequent cash flow problem
* Too many client changes affecting both programme and contract sum.
Invariably there are usually several of the above factors involved which cloud the outcome.
Some disputes occur at the end and others as a project progresses; we are quite used to becoming involved mid-way through a scheme.
We usually find paperwork is absent and a best way forward has to be found from that point.
Due to the peculiarities of building contract law most disputes do involve clients incurring irrecoverable financial outlay, so an early intervention is advised.
|Leys Longden & Co is an independent practice of Chartered Building Surveyors. We are based in Oxfordshire, serving residential and commercial clients countrywide with an emphasis on Oxfordshire, Gloucestershire, London and the South East.|
|Website © LeysLongden Co 2019 by Simbius Ltd.|